Having a pool is great! There’s nothing better than having that luxury in your back garden when you just want to cool off after a hot summer’s day. But, owning a pool comes with some its trials and concerns. One of the main ones that people often struggle with is how to keep their pool looking good and staying fresh.
It can be difficult to find the right equipment and products for your pools, and every different problem seems to require buying more and more stuff!
That’s why it’s so important to do your research and make sure that every big purchase you make for your pool has been thoroughly thought through so that you don’t end up wasting money and having to rebuy products later down the line.
One of the main things that you have to worry about when maintaining a pool is algae. This can get out of control quickly and can be a serious pain to get rid of if left for too long as it can clog up your systems and heat pumps if left without treatment.
So, the question we’re here to answer today is what’s the best pool vacuum (see also ‘How To Hook Up Pool Vacuum To Intex Pump‘) for getting rid of algae?
This pool cleaner is a great all-in-one device that’s easy to set up and let loose in your swimming pool. A generic Kreepy Krawley design, it moves effortlessly against the bottom of your pool, collecting debris, dirt, and of course the all-important algae.
This machine is great for deep cleaning your pool and keeping it looking fresh and inviting all year long. With very little maintenance required to upkeep this machine, you won’t have to constantly be fiddling about with it, or worrying about loss of suction.
These crawling devices can tend to get a little pricey, so this model is a relievingly good price that won’t break your budget, yet is sturdy enough to last a long time.
- Low Noise- This model is specifically designed to have a low noise level. There’s nothing worse than trying to relax by the pool when there’s a constant ringing in your ears from your cleaner.
- 16 Hoses- With 16 different suction points, this device is great for getting an all-in-one clean throughout your pool
- Easy Assembly- You won’t have to spend hours putting this machine together, it’s easy to follow installation makes getting this ready easy as pie.
- You may need to do a sweep as well for any large leaves and debris that fall into your pool to save you from having to dig it out of your pool cleaner later on.
For a fully automated device like this, you’d be expecting to pay way more than this price tag! With its easy-to-operate controls, light-weight build, and ease of functionality, the Intex 28001E is designed for use in above-ground pools. It ticks all of the boxes of a great robotic pool cleaner without the insane price.
This is far smaller than the typical Kreepy Krawley style models, and that comes with the small drawback of taking longer to clean your pool, but the additional benefit of taking up far less space.
The debris and dirt are easily collected by the powerful jets housed underneath the device, and it has the benefits of always staying upright, meaning there’s less chance of dirt escaping back into your newly cleaned pool.
- Efficient- This device is easily the most efficient use of your time for the space that it takes up
- Cost-Effective- The Intex is priced really well for the style of device, there are not many other automatic pool cleaners available in this price range.
- Sturdy- Reviewers love how hardy this piece of kit is and it tends to get flying colors on its durability and lease on life.
- Only suitable for an above-ground pool- Bear this in mind before purchasing.
If you want to invest in a piece of equipment that will stand the test of time, and if cleaning in a hurry is a priority, we recommend the Hayward TigerShark series of robotic cleaners.
These things are mighty expensive, but if getting a squeaky clean pool in minutes is a high priority for you, then we think it’s worth taking the time and money to invest in this excellent bit of kit.
This robotic cleaner is suitable for in-ground pools and is easy to install in minutes. It can clean your entire pool with ease, with no need to charge or empty it halfway through its process.
In just 90 minutes, this machine can clean your surface debris, floors, and even walls of your pool with no intervention whatsoever, a great solution if you want to get rid of any impurities in a jiffy!
- Automatic- No need to adjust during the cleaning process.
- Ultra Quick- The TigerShark is the ultimate in speedy pool cleaning
- Sides- Cleans your pool sides with no problems, and can adjust to uneven surfaces as well!
- Price- This is a very expensive bit of kit, but it is one of the most recommended on the market.
A brilliant option if you have small kids or just hate the idea of a cord flailing about in your pool whilst you’re going for a daily dip. This AIPER robot is the perfect solution for a fully automatic pool cleaning experience.
It’s also super easy to pack away as you don’t need to tie up any long cords or hoses, simply plug it into its charging station and you’re good to go.
The only drawback is the short run time of just over an hour, so though it is suited to large pools, you may need to plug it in mid-clean to get a fully finished pool if you have a large or extra deep pool in your garden.
- Lightweight- It’s super easy to get in and out of the pool with its lightweight design.
- Hasslefree- Just let your pool cleaner do its thing whilst you enjoy your pool!
- Cordless- Easy cordless cleaner that comes in at a reasonable price.
- Suitable for all pool types.
- Not As Longlasting- Lasts 50 minutes charge.
Perfect for getting every last trace of dirt out of your pool and leaving it squeaky clean, this is the bee’s knees in pool cleaning equipment. Suitable for even the largest pools the Dolphin system is perfect for getting rid of stubborn scuffs, dirt, and debris around your inground or overground pool, and has a tangle-free cable for ease of use.
- Single Button Operation- Simply drop it in the water and let it do its work.
- Smart Tech- Smart algorithms mean your pool is cleaned in every nook and cranny.
- Filter Options- Multiple different filters for every cleaning need.
- Price- This is the highest price on the list.
This handy bit of kit comes with rubber feet to protect your pool walls from damage whilst gently removing dirt and debris with ease. It also comes with a 60-foot cable for maximum cleaning space.
It also comes with a great timer (see also ‘The Best Pool Timers‘) cut-off to ensure that you don’t waste any excess money or energy during usage.
- Rubber Feet- Great for protecting your pool.
- Cable- Long cable means you can clean every part of your pool.
- Timer- Great for energy saving.
Will unparalleled suction, this Kreepy Krawley design will get even the finest sand and muck out of your poo and leave it feeling fresher than ever. This is a great one to use if you have a sandy patio, or if you like to dip in the pool after going to the beach as it will keep your pool feeling sparkling clean.
- Suction- High suction is great for cleaning the pool thoroughly.
- Cord- This tangle-free cord is easy to maneuver.
- Small Shape- Great for not getting in your way whilst you use the pool.
- Heavy- Design is a little heavy to transport out of the pool.
How To Clean Pool Algae Without A Vacuum
Test your pool water using a testing strip kit (see also ‘The Best Pool Water Test Kits‘) to make sure all of the necessary chemical levels are accurate. This will help to kill off algae and other growths in your water.
Shock your pool (see also ‘Can You Shock A Pool Without The Pump Running?‘) with Calcium Hypochlorite to eliminate any algae.
Filter any remaining algae or debris with a soft net.
Algae can be a real pain, but luckily it’s easy to get rid of with a good vacuum or some chemical balancing to your pool. The best thing you can do is maintain your pol from the get-go to prevent significant build-up in the long term.